Sunday 30 December 2012

Humanity Still Exists

Being in a country where a girl is raped every 13th minute, it is natural for us to lose hope on existence of Faith,Humanity and Respect.
















But this incident made me to have a second thought about what we really have and what we do not.
Last week, I had to travel from Tolichowki to Gachibowli(place where I stay), the most convenient and commonly used transport in this route is shared-auto.While I was waiting for the shared-auto, I came across a normal autorickshaw shouting Lingampally.Being aware that he has to cross my destination to reach Lingampally, I took a chance and asked him to Gachibowli with Shared-auto fare,he obliged.
I got into it and found a person already sitting there who is also roped into the "Fare Deal".We exchanged smiling gestures and I slipped into my ipod.In about 10min after that, an old lady stopped the auto and requested free-drop to "Dhargah", which was just a kilometer away from her position. The driver went fumes over her demand and started abusing her, not even considering her age. She pleaded saying that she neither has money to pay nor has strength to walk.I was getting frustrased with the kind of words used by the driver and abruptly stopped them by agreeing to pay for her and letting her in. I told that just to keep the auto moving and the old lady was too happy and she got in.Upon reaching her destination,she blessed me and left the place. I felt happy that I have done something worthy.Finally, when I reached my destination, I asked the driver about the total amount(mine and old lady's).He said " Aaj kal koi kisiko kuch nahi karte ji, aap uss aurat ko madaddh ki he toh main aapse paise nai le sakta". I was amused at his response, In a flash,I rewound the time and went back to see the red-faced driver abusing the lady and sign of negligence on his face while doing that, it made me wonder "Is this the same Guy who did that?, Is he taking Telugu movies too seriously?, Is he really out of mind?" whatever the reason would be I felt the change in his tone and behaviour.Though,I forced him umpteen number of times to take the money, he repeatedly refused by taking divine's name.Atlast, I made my travel  free of cost.This incident really made me feel,we get what we give,Instantly.
I realized, Humanity still exists within us and we just have to discover it.
Autowallahs take a bow.

13 comments:

  1. nice experience..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sharat:Good job!I believe in Common sense is the genius of humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really good sharath... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good experience,keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice one bro :) keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hats off to u buddy............. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. incredible job. very well done. But taking telugu movies seriously is epic...lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome buddy.. loved this... looking forward to see yo first book...:-)

    ReplyDelete